MCACA Minigrants are back!
The State of Michigan Minigrant Program is a partnership between the MCACA (Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs) and fifteen regional re-granting agencies throughout the state.
Deadline to Apply: August 3, 2020
Two opportunities are available to address local arts and cultural needs as well as increasing public access to arts and culture:
1. Arts Project Minigrants provide up to $4,000 for production, presentation, and creation of arts and culture that promotes public engagement, diverse and excellent art, life-long learning in the arts, and the strengthening or livability of communities through locally developed arts and culture.
2. Professional / Organizational Development Minigrant (POD) provide up to $1,500 to assist non-profit arts and cultural organizations, artists, arts administrators, and arts educators with opportunities that specifically improves their management and/or brings the artist or the arts organization to another level artistically. In addition, the Minigrant POD program provides Michigan and individual Michigan artists/arts administrators/arts professionals a presence at national conferences and workshops.
Who Can Apply
You are able to apply for both the Arts Projects Minigrant and the POD Minigrant. Eligible Non-profit Organizations include (but are not limited to):
- Individual Artists (POD Grants only)
- Service organizations
- Arts organizations
- Parks and Recreational organizations
- Professional associations
- Public and Non-public schools
- Cities, Townships, and Villages