This is a difficult time for us all; there is no getting around that. While we hope that the current situation will be resolved in time for Arts and Eats to continue unimpeded, we understand the reality that that is of no help to people struggling now.
For those who are able, here are some ideas to help the small businesses in your community survive the next few months:
- Purchase gift certificates online for your favorite local restaurants to use when they reopen.
- Shop the online stores of your favorite artists and artisans.
- Share the websites and posts of local businesses on your personal page.
Contact and website information for the 2019 Arts and Eats participants also remains on the Arts and Eats website.
Small Business Resources
We are all struggling to figure out our next steps right now. If you are not sure where to start, please let the links below serve as a first step.
- Information on applying for unemployment from the Michigan Department of Labor
- Information on various resources from the US Small Business Administration
- More information on various resources from the US Chamber
- Compilation of federal, state, and commercial help available from The Points Guy
- Expanded unemployment benefits for Michigan workers
We will continue sharing more resources as they become available. Please share any aid opportunities you know of with us to help us in disseminating pertinent information.
Arts and Eats Information
For now, we are continuing to operate under the assumption that Arts and Eats 2020 will take place as planned. Further decisions will be made on an ongoing basis as continuing updates on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic become available.