Update: May 18, 2020
After much discussion with Arts and Eats staff and participants both past and present, we have made the difficult decision to cancel Arts and Eats 2020. We make this announcement with heavy hearts but with the firm belief that it is the best choice available to us.
The 2020 tour was to be our 10th anniversary event. Though we are disappointed to instead be facing a year without the tour, we remain grateful for the artists, artisans, farmers, and restaurateurs who make up the tour, the sponsors who make the tour possible, and the visitors who come out each year to celebrate Southwest Michigan. We thank you for your patience as we figure out our next steps, and we look forward to seeing you for Arts and Eats again in 2021.
The 2020 Arts and Eats Team
This is a difficult time for us all; there is no getting around that. While we hope that the current situation will be resolved in time for Arts and Eats to continue unimpeded, we understand the reality that that is of no help to people struggling now.
For those who are able, here are some ideas to help the small businesses in your community survive the next few months:
- Purchase gift certificates online for your favorite local restaurants to use when they reopen.
- Shop the online stores of your favorite artists and artisans.
- Share the websites and posts of local businesses on your personal page.
Contact and website information for the 2019 Arts and Eats participants also remains on the Arts and Eats website.
Small Business Resources
We are all struggling to figure out our next steps right now. If you are not sure where to start, please let the links below serve as a first step.
- Temporary funding options from the US Small Business Administration
- Technical assistance for issues with unemployment accounts from the Michigan Dept. of Labor and Economic Opportunity
- Information on applying for unemployment from the Michigan Department of Labor
- Small business guidance and loan resources from the US Small Business Administration
- More information on various resources from the US Chamber
- Compilation of federal, state, and commercial help available from The Points Guy
- Expanded unemployment benefits for Michigan workers
We will continue sharing more resources as they become available. Please share any aid opportunities you know of with us to help us in disseminating pertinent information.